Events in Loulé - Algarve - Portugal
Here you will find lots of information about events in Loulé in central Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Loulé, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
You can also find events in some of the villages around Loulé, like Querença, Salir and Alte, plus Faro and Quarteira are both only a short distance from Loulé!
ALGARVE EVENTS MARCH & EASTER 2018
We’ve got a lovely variety of Algarve events to enjoy this March, with food festivals and fairs (including our Easter tradition of Folar cake fairs) and great sports events like the Algarve Cup, Algarve Bike Challenge and Quarteira European Cup Triathlon, plus lots of music topped off with a concert from famous Portuguese artist, Rui Veloso! Here are just some of the highlights!
• Algarve Cup - The Algarve Cup is a global invitational tournament for national teams in women's association football hosted by the Portuguese Football Federation (FPF). Now an annual addition to the Algarve event’s calendar, it is one of the most prestigious and longest-running women's international football events. The tournament runs until 7th March, held at several stadiums across the region. For more information check out the FPF Fixtures and Media Guide.
• Serra de Monchique Traditional Sausage Fair - With sausages, handicrafts, honey, medronho, sweets and taverns, this 2-day event is Monchique tradition at its finest! Thousands are expected to attend and there will be live music to accompany the eating and drinking too! The fair takes place 3rd (10am – 12pm) and 4th March (10am – 10pm) at the Municipal Heliport and entry is free.
• Algarve Bike Challenge - An incredible mountain biking challenge that goes way beyond winning! It’s all about sharing the real spirit of mountain biking, overcoming barriers and being in contact with nature at its purest state! The event is divided into 3 stages across 3 days, with the start being in Tavira on the 2nd March, stage 2 on the 3rd March tackles the Serra do Caldeirão mountains and stage 3 on the4th March goes through the beautiful Barrocal Algarvio! For more information check out the Algarve Bike Challenge!
• ETU Quarteira European Cup 2018 Triathlon - The atmosphere is going to be fantastic on this triathlon weekend!!! The Elite Triathlon European Cup takes place on the 24th March and the Junior Triathlon European Cup on the 25th. Events on both days start from the beach, Praia de Quarteira, Elite Women kicking of Saturday’s events at 1.45pm and the Junior Women on Sunday at 8.45am. Quarteira Triathlon course map
• Rui Veloso "A Primavera da Vida" - Famous Portuguese singer, songwriter and guitar player, Rui Veloso will be playing at the Figuras Theatre in Faro 30th March at 9.30pm. With music influenced by B.B. King and Eric Clapton the concert is definitely not to be missed! Tickets cost €25 for the Lower Stalls and €28 for the Raised Stalls. For more information and tickets call (00351) 289 888 110 or visit the Figuras Theatre website.
• Tavira Handicrafts Show - A perfect chance to enjoy one of Tavira’s most famous sights as well as picking up some special Algarve souvenirs! The show takes place from the 3rd to 31st March at the riverfront market, Mercado da Ribeira from 10am to 6pm
• Folar Cake Festivals - A real Easter tradition here in the Algarve and sampling the sweet bread (sometimes even cooked with a boiled egg inside) is a must! There are lots of fairs going on across the region, including Paderne (Albufeira) 24th and 25th; Barão de São João (Lagos) 30th March to 1st April and Silves 30th March to 1st April.
• Flower Torches Festival, “Festa das Tochas Floridas” in São Brás de Alportel – Our most famous Easter event with the stars of the show being the hundreds of handmade flower torches! The procession starts at 9.30am at the parish church and goes along the flower lined streets to the São Sebastião square.
For information about these events and more check out Visit Algarve March 2018 Events Guide, the Visit Algarve website, or pop into any tourist information office when you get here to make sure you don’t miss out on something!